If it feels as though your home is overflowing with clutter and it is time to do something about it finally, then it may be time to declutter in 2020. In fact, decluttering or minimizing is one of the top New Year’s resolutions each year. If it is yours this year, consider these five tips that can help you get there.
- Get Rid of Duplicates One of the easiest ways to get rid of extra clutter is to get rid of anything you have duplicates of. Of course, we do not mean sock or pant legs! We mean TVs for a specific room, blenders, or bikes. If you have more than one and the extra one is simply taking up space “in case you need it,” then now is the time to sell it, donate it, or put it in storage where it’s not taking up space in your home.
- Get Rid of Kitchen Gadgets You Don’t Need If you have a limited amount of space in your kitchen then one of the best things you can do to make the most use of the space you have is to ensure that you are only buying kitchen gadgets that do more than one thing. For example, do not buy a peeler for a specific type of vegetable – buy a peeler that works for many types of veggies. Single-use items are the enemy of a picked up and organized kitchen.
- Sell Items You Don’t Use It may be that you have some clothing, appliances, and other items that are still in great shape and so you do not want to give them up. The good news is that your only options are not keep it or throw it away – you can also sell it. Whether you host a garage sale, sell it on a social media swap site, or list it for sale on eBay or a similar site, this is a great way to both reduce your clutter and make a little extra cash – just be sure you don’t use that extra cash to buy more clutter.
- Donate Kids’ Toys If you are honest with yourself, your kids probably use a few toys much more often than they do the rest. Instead of constantly tripping over them all, consider donating some of their older toys to local charities. This can be especially important this time of year.
- Move Extra Items to Storage If you have items that you are tired of taking up too much space, but you do want to hold on to them, then you will be glad to know that Spaceman Storage has the answer for you. Call us today or stop by our location to see unique storage solutions that can work for you.